The GFsix Show

Heard "WORLDWIDE"

Forums

Forum Home > Steeler Football 2015-16 > Sticky: Steelers: Good, Bad & UGLY Week #17

The GFsix Show
Site Owner

Hey Steeler Nation, ALL OUR WISHES CAME TRUE..... STEELERS ARE IN THE 2016 NFL PLAYOFFS... ARE YOU READY?

WOW, can you believe the Jets vs Bills game, I was on a damn roller coaster, incase you didn't know, for the Steelers to make the 2016 playoffs and after getting beat up by the Ravens a week ago, the Steelers needed to win against the Clowns and get help from the Bills to beat the Jets, IT ALL HAPPEND... All is right with Steeler Nation Today!  Or is it?

The Steelers again came out flat and seemed to not care about the game against the Browns, why is this a pattern with this team, I know a bunch of guys had the Flu bug and we all know it's the clowns superbowl game, but I need to see more passion from a team that could get into the playoffs. The game started off slow and boring, Ben doing some bad passing and one thing I never seen to date was A. Brown fumbling, was you all shocked at that one?  I was thinking, man this one don't look good. But I knew that a clowns team with no players and a defense that has been packed for weeks would never beat us.

At 7-6 i felt like I was watching a funeral all over again, did it not seem like we seen this show a week ago? The play calling was garbage, I know, I Know the Halley fans will say This offense is the best we ever had in Pittsburgh, All I want to know is why do we try and run a trap run out of a spread offense, against a 4-3 stacked defense in press coverage? Real football junkies will know what I'm talking about, you others just watch the game, lol... Why would we not go doublr T. ends and run all over this #32 rated defense against the run? We come out in spread wich I LOVE TO DEATH, but if you are going to PASS IT, NOT RUN IT.. I was so lost... Not sure what the plan was for the half.

Then we started to do a few play action passes that after running a few times draws a defense up. When D. Williams went down so did my head, love D. Williams we will need him to do any damage in playoffs. Anyways, back to the play calling, we started to use a short shotgun and spread 4 with miller using the middle as wheeton did clear outs, wich left A. Brown in a over under coverage, Ben loves when you play that defense on AB, as you can tell it worked everytime.. H. Bay impressed with his bomb and M. Wheeton did some great things getting coverage off of AB.

The O.Line was awesome all game, Ben had time and was never pressured, Ben just has to not take those goofy chances, I do think 1 of those picks were because of M. Bryant BAD ROUTE RUNNING, Hey, Bryant it's week 17 bro, you either run em right or get BENCHED.

The Defense did a nice job, but lets face it, this clowns team is a total mess, the Tackling was scary at times but all in all i think it was a solid effort. W. Gay make a ton of plays, W. Allen is not a bad CB, just needs to play more press, but A. Blake is killing me, dude did have a few plays but when you let an EX college QB catch a pass on you and continue to be out of coverage zone. It's scary to know you'll be out there on A.J. Green. C. Heyward and Tuit continue to be un blockable, If we can get C. Thomas to drink there gatorade we could have the making of a nasty pass rush. Let's not forget mr. J. Harrison's pick, wow this dude makes splash plays here and there..lol

M. Tomlin scared me when he went for 2 up 12, why? I would rather be safe and go up by 13 with the extra. And the decline of the penalty at the Browns 9 , would of been 5 free yards with a free down? Decline it made it 2nd down.. Crazy.... But they all worked so I will over look it.  Don't get me wrong M. Tomlin is my 2ns favorite head coach in Steeler History, he over took B. Cowher at #3 Tomlin at #2 and KNOLL at #1.

It was a perfect day when the Jets got picked off at the 20 of the Bills, wow, I just flipped out, all week long I was so pissed off about the loss to The Ravens, but this makes it all a little better, I still hate that loss, but a playoff birth makes me SMILEEEEEEEE!

As far as the game, lets do the good, bad & ugly;

THE GOOD:

#1. A. BROWN, dude is on my wall of fame and is in my top 10 steelers of all time. This kid is AWESOME!, love this dude.

#2. B. Rothlisburger, dude was not at his best, but made some awesome passes and was never shaken.

#3. THE DEFENSE, yeah, I know it's the clowns... But hey we seen them get tourched by MALLET right..

#4. BILLS BEAT JETS!!!

#5. TAKING OVER THE STADIUM.

#6. W. ALLEN, W. GAY, guys had a ton of plays.

#7. K. BUTLER, his def play calls on blitz was out standing.

THE BAD:

#1. PLAY CALLING, at times was just goofy.

#2. M. BRYANT, dude is still raw but week #17 and you still run wrong routes.

THE UGLY:

#1. THE BROWNS TEAM, my god is that a mess..

#2. THE BROWNS FANS, talk so much crap before the game then split the sceen.

GAME BALLS: 

A. BROWN, B. ROTHLISBURGER, W. ALLEN, A. COCKRUN, W. GAY, C. HEYWARD, S. TUIT, M. MITCHELE, L. TIMMONS, A. MOATES, J. HARRISON, C. WALLACE, H. MILLER

Now, lets all get ready for that SB-50 RIDE..... remember we were at this same place in a wildcard game 10 years ago, we all know what happend... SB CHAMPS! 

The Bengals will be ready, this is beginning to be a great rivalry again and seems to have both teams pissed off and ready to lay it, we seem to play the Bengals very well at there house, they have massive pressure on them to win a playoff game, granted it's on us to but not as hard, it will be a solid game and with or without Dalton this Steeler defense will need to stay fast and hit everything.. 50 degree should make for a great ass game.

Get fired up STEELER NATION, YOU HAVE TO BE IN IT, TO WIN IT!   LETS GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Don't Forget to hit up our RADIO SHOW, You Know I Will Be Talking STEELER FOOTBALL! 

--

January 4, 2016 at 4:28 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.