The GFsix Show!

Heard  "WORLDWIDE"

Forums

Forum Home > Steelers Football 2016-17 > A. BROWN vs AJ. GREEN

The GFsix Show
Site Owner

Who is better – Antonio Brown or A.J. Green?

When it comes to elite wide receivers in the NFL, only two names come to mind. That is at least if you’re talking about current NFL players. In the past we have seen the likes of Randy Moss and Terrell Owens come and go. Records have been made and the Hall of Fame comes calling out, well eventually it does anyway. As several receivers have made a name for themselves over the past few years, the big question looms….Who is the best NFL wide receiver of the two…Antonio Brown or A.J. Green?

It’s no joke that both these guys have talent. They have equally done as much for their teams and respectively gained the most confidence from their quarterbacks. Being a number one wide out is probably one of the coolest positions in the NFL but being one of the best wide outs and getting to face another one at least twice a year is one of the greatest things not only for the players but the fans. I will provide YOU with the facts and stats for both these players and give my thoughts on who is better.

Antonio Brown

He is currently ranked second among all NFL receivers so far this season. 44 passes have been thrown his way and he has caught 34 of them. He has averaged 14.1 yards per play and racked up a total of 478 yards. Speed is just one of the great qualities Brown has. The man has churned out 152 yards after the catch and caught two touchdown passes. The six-year veteran has amounted for 5,737 receiving yards and 30 touchdowns. It’s obvious why he is Ben Roethlisberger favorite target. In fact he is a huge part of the Steelers game plan week in and week out. Now let’s head over to the Jungle and take a look at his rival.

A.J. Green

This number five ranked receiver has specifically caught my attention considering I’m a Ravens fan. Almost every time Cincinnati plays Baltimore he makes some ridiculously great play. He’s caught 25/35 passes thrown his way. It’s weird how Brown was 34/44, both have only missed 10 attempts. He has 417 receiving yards and has caught three touchdown passes. His average yards per catch is 16.7, about two and a half more than Brown. In five years he has racked up 5,291 total receiving yards and worked up 38 touchdown catches. He’s one year behind Brown and already ahead in many categories as you probably noticed.

The numbers don’t lie. It still doesn’t change that the NFL is still a “what have you done for me lately ” kind of league and while Green is ranked number five, Brown is number two. Technically now Brown is playing better up to this point in the season. In my opinion Antonio Brown is the better player out of the two but A.J. Green has the upper hand up to this point in career stats where it matters most. It all depends on whether you look at what they’re doing right now or what they have done from the start.

Who do YOU think is better?

--

October 10, 2015 at 10:15 AM Flag Quote & Reply

The GFsix Show
Site Owner

#84 ANTONIO BROWN! 

--

October 10, 2015 at 10:16 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.