The GFsix Show

Heard "WORLDWIDE"

Forums

Forum Home > Steelers Football 2016-17 > HARRISON -vs- SUGGS

The GFsix Show
Site Owner

Who Is Really The Better LB?

Steelers #92 James Harrison a.k.a. "DEBO" or Ravens #55 Terell Suggs a.k.a. "T. SIZZLE"

Each LB has got insane tallent and each one has the same work ethic. You can go to the Burgh and ask this question and get 100% of people to say Harrison, on the other side you can go to Baltimore and ask the same question and get 100% to say Suggs is the better.

As for me i'm a Steeler fan so you know i'm taking #92 James Harrison and this is why, he brings a nastyness to the defense, yeah, I know Suggs does this for the ravens, but do other teams fear playing Suggs like they do when they have to play Harrison, I don't think so. Another thing is the hits, I know Harrison probly has more fines, but the hardest hits I ever seen were made by Harrison.

What if you were in a dark alley and had to fight either lb who would you rather fight? I would say Suggs because he seems a bit more willing to let you pass by, on the other hand James may want to kill you, not sure about either mans mental state, they both have issues with anger and have both been fined for so called illigal hits. Lets not forget they hate each others teams.

Put it this way if you were a wide reciever and had a slant called and knew it would be Harrison Or Suggs that is going to lay the hit on you who would you more rather it be? I would say Suggs, because you might not get back up from a harrison hit. Last thing, lets say you were a QB in the NFL and no one was blocking either LB, who would you want to sack you Harrison Or Suggs? I Rest My Case.

Another thing we can look at is the stats, we all know stats don't tell the full story, but it's just a bit more info to complete this debate. Here are Harrisons Stats.

Defensive Stats For (James Harrison)

SEASON  GP   COMB TOTAL AST  SACK   FF  FR YDS  INT  YDS  AVG  LNG  TD   PD  STF   STFYDS  KB

Career     151     664    485     179    70.0     29   8     0       6      89    15     33       0    20    52         80       1

Defense M.V.P = ONE

Bigest Play: 99 Yard Int Return in SB. (*Best Play Ever In SB History).

Here Are Suggs Stats:

Defensive Stats For (Terell Suggs)

SEASON   GP  COMB TOTAL AST  SACK   FF   FR  YDS   INT   YDS  AVG  LNG  TD  PD  STF  STFYDS   KB

Career      174    694    487     207    98.0     27   11      0      7       144    21     44     2    48    75      151         0

Defense M.V.P = ONE

Biggest Play: The Pick 6 Against Miami.

As we can see the stats go to #55 T. SIZZLE, but let's not forget the biggest play go's to #92 DEBO. I think it's fair to say that if teams had to swap players they would both be happy. As a Steeler fan that hates the Ravens more then I hate Satan I would have to take #92 DEBO. I know all the Ravens fans are saying i'm crazy Suggs is a better all around LB and he makes more plays and so on..It's all good we all have to agree the Steelers vs Ravens rivalry is the best in the NFL.

I know all ravens fans are saying i'm a Steeler fan and this don't count. (I'm the leader of the steelernation). lol.. But, I think this debate lives on..

Who do you say is the better LB?

*Listen to the one and only GFSIX RADIO SHOW, we always talk football, become a member & even join the show's fanduel league and grab some crazy cash prizes.

--

November 8, 2014 at 10:17 AM Flag Quote & Reply

The GFsix Show
Site Owner

You know I Got BEBO! All Day EveryDay! But That's Just Me... lol

--

September 8, 2015 at 5:45 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.